Everyone Wants to Know
AVClub: Trump associate Matthew Calamari is both real and a doofus
Former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen didn’t drop jaws during his congressional testimony yesterday, but he did float the name Matthew Calamari, and, for that, we thank him. When Cohen made mention of Calamari—saying he was one of a few men who knows that President Trump provided inflated assets to insurance companies—people patently refused to believe such a man could exist. Such a name, any logical human would argue, is just too on-the-nose for the kind of two-bit cronyism going on in the Trump Organization.
Refinery29.com: Who Is Matthew Calamari, The Man Michael Cohen Claims Has Secrets On Trump?
During questioning, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez asked Cohen if Trump ever inflated his assets to insurance companies, to which Cohen replied “yes.” When she followed up by asking who else may know about the president’s alleged fraud, Cohen rattled off a list of names: Allen Weisselberg, Ron Lieberman, and Matthew Calamari.
Heavy.com: Matthew Calamari Sr. & Matthew Calamari Jr.: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know
1. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Asked Cohen Who’d Have Documents on Alleged Insurance Fraud & He Pointed to Trump Organization COO/EVP Matthew Calamari
2. Calamari Sr. Began Working for Trump in 1981 & is Reported to be Among Trump’s Most Loyal Staff Who Said He’d ‘Kill’ For His Boss
3. Calamari, Who Made an Appearance on ‘The Apprentice’ in 2004, Was Named in a 1995 Lawsuit for False Imprisonment of a Employees’ Wife & Young Child Where he Allegedly Threatened the Family if They Spoke to Police
4. Calamari Jr., Followed in His Father’s Footsteps & Joined the Trump Organization as Security & Was Promoted & Now Oversees All Security for Trump World
5. A Composite Photo of the Man Stormy Daniels Alleged Threatened Her on Behalf of Trump Some Said Resembled Calamari, Jr. Others said the Composite Looked Like Daniels’ Former Boyfriend
And Twitter Explodes